Monday, March 9, 2009

A Poem with lots of Quotes

I dreamt I met this man
in a bar down the street.
He came in and said, "Hey! My name's Dan.
And let me tell you guys, I'm beat."

"So where are you from?"
I said to Dan. He said, "Huh?"
"From whence do you come?"
And he thought about that some.

"From south o' the equator,
from Kalamazoo,
or maybe Decatur.
What's it matter to you?"

"I suppose you're right,"
I told this odd man.
He said, "It just might,
you see, because I'm from Japan."

I said, "What's the difference?"
He said, "You tell me.
You don't make no sense,
so just let me be."

I have never written a poem before but we're learning about using quotations properly in Eng 101. I fell asleep thinking about quotes and dreamt about meeting this dude in a bar. (I told you my dreams are screwed up.) Next thing you know, I have a stupid poem in my head with a bunch of quotation marks, many of which include questions in the quotation.

Someone let me know if they notice any that are not used properly. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment