Saturday, February 21, 2009

Guitar Blues

I went to the Sertoma Chilli Cookoff today and listened to the bands for a while. Watching those guys have so much fun on stage made me wish I was in a band.

My wife bought this Les Paul for me for Christmas this year. Only problem is that I don't really know how to play it! I've wanted to learn so badly but never have really had the time to really get to it. Both my parents play but for some reason I never got into it. My mom is a music teacher and my dad played for a while in a band (Sidenote: My mom listens to Vivaldi and Mozart, my dad listens to Rolling Stones and Black Sabbath. Odd combination, huh?)

My music theory is pretty good and I've been trying to teach myself and I seem to be catching on pretty quick. And better yet, it looks like my upcoming weekends are going to be free here on out. Next stop: Guitar Hall of Fame! Eat your heart out, Eddie Van Halen!

No comments:

Post a Comment