Monday, February 23, 2009

What to do?


You know, I'm 31 years old and I still haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up. How do you decide when you're grown up anyway? This is my 8th year working at Kraft Foods in Springfield which is twice as long as any other job that I ever had. Does that mean that I have settled in and grown up? It still seems temporary which is why I figured that I probably haven't grown up yet.
Do you ever look back on your life and wonder why you ended up where you are? Working in manufacturing is not where I pictured myself in high school. I took all the extra classes I could and worked hard and had college scholarships. Then I decided to join the Marines Corps (that's another story altogether) and never went to college until now. I wonder how different things would have been without that decision?
So what am I to do when I grow up? I'm thinking about nursing, my wife is a nurse and I know I would like the work. Plus it would be awesome to take traveling contracts together and make big bucks to pay off all our loans. Then we could just sell everything and sign on with Nurses Without Borders in SE Asia or Africa.
Or maybe I'll win the powerball this week and just do whatever the heck I feel like doing. That sounds like a better plan to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment