Friday, February 20, 2009

Here fishy, fishy

I've never had a lot of patience growing up. I could never really tell the difference between someone with patience and someone wasting time. My brother would always tell me if I wanted to learn patience I ought to go fishing. It is for this reason that I was never an avid fisherman, just to much sitting around doing nothing.

Well anyway, my wife loves to fish and last year she went flyfishing at Bennet Springs while I hiked the surrounding trails and took some pics. I was surprised. Flyfishing looks like a blast. You are more of an active participant in the process with all the subtle positioning and fly casting. It seemed the only active part of most other fishing methods is going to the cooler for another beer.

So now I have a new set of waders and boots and a new pole and reel. I took some casting classes at Bass Pro and I am set for the 2009 trout season. Only 10 more days to catch and keep season! With my new job schedule I have a 4 day weekend every week. Looks like I might get a chance to finely hone my skills, or lack thereof.

Now I'll be able to have my own fish stories about the big one that got away.

No comments:

Post a Comment